Monday, September 28, 2009

Books


I have always imagined that Paradise
will be some kind of library.
Jorge Luis Borges

When I have a little money, I buy books;
and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes.
Erasmus of Rotterdam

I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading!
How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book!
When I have a house of my own,
I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.
Jane Austen

You think your pain and your heartbreak
are unprecedented in the history of the world,
but then you read.
It was books that taught me that the things
that tormented me most were the very things
that connected me with all the people who were alive,
or who had ever been alive.
James Baldwin


You can never get a cup of tea large enough or
a book long enough to suit me.
C.S.Lewis http://joniew.wordpress.com/page/3/

No comments:

Post a Comment