Saturday, March 10, 2012

Fukushima farmer braves nuclear risks to feed stray animals - video

http://www.euronews.com/images_news/img_606X341_0903-Fukushima-a-WakeUp-Call-animals.jpgCopyright © 2012 euronews
One year after Japan’s tsunami and Fukushima disaster, the town of Tomioka is frozen in time.
It was a thriving community for thousands but now Naoto Matsumura, 53, belives he is the only human inhabitant left.
Animals who survived wander wild just a few kilometres from the doomed nuclear plant. Ignoring the exclusion zone, Naoto has stayed to feed them.
“I can’t say it’s 100 percent safe to return here but it’s not a problem for people my age,” he said. “I don’t know how people with small children would feel but I think it is no problem for people my age to return.”...Continue reading, video...

No comments:

Post a Comment