Saturday, March 17, 2012

IMMORTALITY ~ by Venus

imagehttp://i.ytimg.com/vi/PgrvuH0BjRQ/hqdefault.jpg
Uploaded by on Mar 14, 2012
Unveiling Tafa's Story through Psycholoy of Portraiture.
Below, I gave a descripton of Tafa's reaction when he saw his portraits finished - You might find it interesting. It was 1994.

As surprised as he was seeing himself painted, so was the rest of society with my choice of subject matter! It was my very first art show after graduation.
I did not show the art to the public until Tafa himself approved it:

At first, he refused to enter my art gallery .. 'I don't look nice' he 'murmured' blushing. I understood him by the gestures he made to communicate; he could not hear nor speak.
'Neither do I' told him smiling, looking like hell from painting and lack of sleep.
After few seconds of slightly smiling and thinking he entered the gallery and faced his portraits.

For a moment his body stretched tall, there was glitter in his eyes, he felt pride and I could see honor and dignity in him! He then put his index finger and thumb together and blew a kiss, and another and another one while looking at his portraits, signaling me 'how beautiful his portraits were.. a very touching display of emotion. He almost hugged himself in each of the artwork.. He nodded toward each moment, sighed at times and he laughed out really loud when he saw himself at the end smiling.. 'hehe, that's me up there' he kept laughing, looking toward the sky..My eyes filled with tears instead!

After a great laugh, he then hit me really hard on my shoulder followed by a deep *sigh*, he frowned and with hand gestures he critiqued me: ' Still NO teeth' he added 'behhh' and he hit me again on my shoulder ' You could have painted me some teeth' he made his hand gestures toward his mouth and my pastels I used to create his story.

It was only then I realized what my dad, the ingenious Kosovar artist Nimon Lokaj tried to teach me all my life since art was my passion at very early age: 'Do not copy Venus - Create,' my dad used to say to me and although I thought I was creating because I did paint his life moments without seeing them, I guess I missed sensing that one wish of his, beneath the surface... I did not create teeth he did not have and I could have done so although it would drastically change his facial emotion.

Tafa's story taught me many things at early age, made me aware of magic and mystery of character, the attitude, pride, friendliness, dignity, rational judgment and strength within, regardless of social status! And his emotional reaction at the end taught me something quite mysterious about human nature, and that is *Desire* to be remembered how you wished you were! He also taught me what keeps one warm in rainy days, a book to read instead of greed, I guess..!

Tafa made it from the walls of Decani, Europe( Kosova, Albania, Turkey, Austria, England) to the walls of New York, USA(New York City, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Illinois, Kentucky and Kansas). I heard few days ago ' He's dead now' - Is he really? - I don't think so!

And if Tafa's story doesn't teach you anything then barely anything ever will.
This is Venus, sharing my art with you from the heartland of America!
Thanks for watching friends and reading. Music: Film Atmosphere by the brilliant Rick Clarke (rickvanman) http://www.youtube.com/user/rickvanmanhttp://www.firstpost.com/topic/place/austria-immortality-by-venus-video-PgrvuH0BjRQ-138-16.html

No comments:

Post a Comment