Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Danville Woman Helps Wild Animals Get Healthy

By Whitney Delbridge - bio | email
Danville, VA - Wild animals in Southside Virginia are getting a second chance thanks to one special lady.
Tanya Lovern works as the vice president of a data entry company, but her true passion is for animals. She takes in injured and orphaned wild animals and nurses them back to health. Lovern is the only licensed and state approved wildlife rehabilitator serving Pittsylvania, Halifax and Henry Counties.
Since 2005, she has been bringing wild critters into her home in Danville but also into her heart. Lovern loves her job, though it may not be quite what she would have expected.
"If you would have asked me this when I was younger, 'Would you be dealing with wildlife?' No, I was all about going to school and getting my degrees and having a job and being in business," she said.
Lovern runs her own rescue and rehab organization out of her home called the Southside Virginia Wildlife Center. She takes in injured and orphaned animals, like squirrels, raccoons and even skunks.
"I like to educate people as to why this little guy right here is so important, why I get up every three hours to make sure he has something to eat. I believe it's because this is a purpose that's worthy of my time and energy," said Lovern...Read here....
WSET.com - ABC13

No comments:

Post a Comment