Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Journey to the Edge of the World by Becx Whitefield


LetsBeWild.com - A Journey to the Edge of the World by Becx Whitefield
By Becx Whitefield So I’ve lived, breathed, and loved Africa for many, many years. I’ve driven from Nairobi to Johannesburg taking a very wiggly line and my time. I had a cottage on the banks of the Zambezi with elephant and hippo as regular garden guests and I’ve ridden on horseback alongside buffalo and zebra. When I lived in Zambia I used to cross the Katima border into Namibia to take advantage of ‘1st world shopping’ & smuggle cheese & other delights back to Livingstone under the seats of my battered Land Rover. I’d ventured along the Caprivi Strip before, a lovely, straight, tarred, smooth road splitting Angola and Botswana and claimed by Namibia, a little paradise where things seemed like Africa, but they worked. There was electricity, road signs, and a distinct lack of potholes. I thought I knew Namibia based on this little spit of land, based on well-priced fuel, car parts & the availability of Philadelphia Cheese and Heinz Tomato Ketchup…I was very, very, wrong and could not have been more happy to be so gloriously proved so!...Continue reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment