Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Colon Club is a nonprofit organization dedicated to raising awareness of colorectal cancer in out-of-the-box ways.

 by Yellowbird.
After my HIPEC surgery, doped up on mega morphine, my Daughter came to my room when I woke up early one morning. Our conversation went something like this:
: "hi, mom." "Hi Ash. Didn't we drink a keg of beer last night?" "Hmm. I don't know Mom, why don't you tell me about it?" "Yeah, I bought a keg of beer for $20.00, we drank three beers and I tipped the guy $17.00." (Some kind of morphine-induced math was going on here, it seems)
My daughter just laughed.
Other hallucinations I experienced included seeing my cat laying at the foot of my bed in the hospital, conversations about the queen of England, and I was convinced that the IV poke was talking to me. That HIPEC requires some serious drugs! More funny tales here.

No comments:

Post a Comment