Monday, May 27, 2013

Billy Joel: Depression caused by 9/11, not alcohol, caused my car accidents

Billy Joel on stage at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, New Orleans, USA. Billy Joel on stage at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, New Orleans, USA. By , New York: The pop star went into rehab for his drinking habit in 2005 but in a wide-ranging interview insisted that the spate of accidents in two preceding years was not caused by his heavy consumption of vodka, his alcohol of choice.
"I was kind of in a mental fog, and it had nothing to do with the booze," he told The New York Times.
"My mind wasn't right. I wasn't focused. I went into a deep, deep depression after 9/11.
"9/11 just knocked the wind out of me, and I don't know even now if I've recovered from it. It really, really hurt that man could do that to man.
"And then there was a break-up with somebody, and it took me a while to get me back on my feet again ... I used booze as medication."...Continue reading... 
The Piano Man by Billy Joel on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment