Saturday, July 12, 2014

Family cat returns home after 13 years


Missing Shelby in 2014 (left) and in 2011 (right). Photo: Supplied [link]
Cheryl Santa Maria
Digital Reporter
If Shelby the cat could talk, she'd have some interesting stories to tell.
In 2001, the cat vanished from her home in Victoria, Australia. Owner Paula Harper-Adams thought she was long gone -- until Shelby showed up on her porch 13 years later.
"I was convinced I was crazy, but I took a photo of the cat’s face, in case anyone ­responded to my Facebook post (for a missing animal), and left," Paula told the Geelong Advertiser.
"I half joked that if I could find a photo of Shelby, I’d be back (to compare). Well, I went home and, like a woman possessed, searched through box after box until I found the photo I was looking for, Shelby. I took the photo back to the vet and the girls had a good look over her and the photo before coming back and ­announcing to me in the waiting room: ‘She is your cat.’ ’’
Shelby is now seventeen years old and settling back into domestic life.http://p.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/family-cat-returns-home-after-13-years/29892/ The Cat Came Back - [Rockabilly-1956] by Sonny James on Groovesharkhttp://grooveshark.com/#!/search?q=the+cat+came+back

No comments:

Post a Comment