Friday, November 20, 2009

Violet Naytowhow & the CIHR Project Research Team *From Stilettos To Moccasins*

I survived through the pain
Many emotions like waves
Laughing and crying again and again
Honesty, strength, friends and devotion
Showering gifts of hope to reclaim

Walking the streets dragging my heart
Wandering with my head held down in shame
When and how did my family fall apart
Who am I, what is my name?

BRIDGE
Surviving the street lost and alone
I started a journey to find my way home

CHORUS
From stilettos to moccasins
Our spirit dances within
On our way to resolution
We find our peace
And this is who I am

Broken barriers and new discoveries
My spirit I now reclaim
Coming home to who I am
Taking honour in my name

No longer a prisoner lost in this world
Look within my shell
To find that pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment