Wednesday, September 12, 2018

New brain research facility uses virtual reality to help people with addictions

By Bridget Rollason
 Photo: Ms Bardsley says she needed to retrain her brain to help her overcome her gambling addiction. (ABC News: Danielle Bonica)

The former businesswoman not only gambled away her life savings, but also lost her marriage to the machines.

"I'd say I'd only spend $20 and $200 later I would feel so disgusted with myself, but I had zero control over my impulses," she said.

 "I lost not only money, but time and every shred of my self-esteem.

"There were times I thought I may as well be dead, but I couldn't do that to my family...http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-10/virtual-reality-used-to-help-people-addictions-brainpark/10222528

No comments:

Post a Comment