Michael Funk was cleaning crab pots on Sept. 11 at his bayside Ocean City condominium.
Four days later, Funk was dead, the victim of a flesh-eating bacteria he acquired in the Assawoman Bay – one of the bodies of water that separate Ocean City from the mainland.
For Marcia Funk, his wife of 46 years, his death is compounded by what she called a lack of information in Ocean City about the bacteria, Vibrio vulnificus.
"I really feel they kept it quiet because it's a tourist resort," said Funk. "It's like something out of a horror movie."...http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/news/local/maryland/2016/10/20/ocean-city-flesh-eating-bacteria/92080144/