Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I Shoot Dogs (PHOTOS) - The Huffington Post

Pet Photographer in Florida  

2012-04-10-jaxhuff.jpgI shoot dogs. It's what I do. Don't get me wrong, I don't discriminate. I shoot cats too. I work for Lee County Domestic Animal Services in Fort Myers, Fl photographing animals available for adoption. It's extremely rewarding work and I would recommend it to anyone interested in photography. There are plenty of shelters that need help showing their animals in a better light. The trick is getting the attention of a shelter, making damn sure you are dedicated to the idea, and understanding the work involved.
When I decided to open Square Dog Photography, I knew I wanted to focus my attention on animals, which I guess is sort of obvious given the name I chose for my business. I've always been a dog person and it just made sense to me. One of the first things I did was contact the shelters in my area to offer my services free of charge. I was surprised that none of them took me up it. Two years passed before a shelter found me and asked if I would like to work with them....Continue reading...

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I believed I might send a fast remark considering that I've spent the better part of the previous 30 minutes scanning through your weblog posts. I am truly liking what you have received going on here with your blog and I do hope you keep writing it. Properly that is nearly all I have to say! Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete