Sunday, April 15, 2012

Senility

Senility: never having to watch a rerun on TV.(Sam's defn.)
senility
1. the state or quality of being old, especially, being afflicted with the infirmity of body and mind that sometimes comes with old age.
2. Informal. a condition of weakness of mind and body, usually associated with advanced age, characterized by the inability to remember simple, recent events, general confusion and bewilderment, and increasing debility. Cf. anility. — senile, adj.Senility Prayer

 Now that I'm "older" (but refuse to grow up), here's what I've
discovered:

1) I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
2) My wild oats have turned into prunes and All Bran.
3) I finally got my head together; now my body is falling apart.
4) Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...
5) Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...
6) What were we talking about?
7) It's easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
8) Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant.
9) I wish the buck stopped here; I sure could use a few.
10) Kids in the back seat cause accidents.
11) Accidents in the back seat cause kids.
12) It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.
13) The only time the world beats a path to your door is when you're in the
bathroom.
14) If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.
15) When I'm finally holding all the cards, why does everyone else decide to
play chess?
16) It's not hard to meet expenses... they're everywhere!
17) The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
18) These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter..I go
somewhere to get something and then wonder what I'm here after.
19) If all is not lost, then where is it?
20) Did I send this to you already? http://www.laughparty.com/funnyjoke/Senility-Prayer/640/.

To Dance with the White Dog


When, after a long, beautiful life with his wife, he remained alone, a white dog appeared, to be his companion and make him keep his grace and balance. Nobody but him could see the dog, and they believed the old man was having the fantasies of senility. But, little by little those who were gracious to the old man started to see the white dog by themselves.

And sometimes the white dog was taking the shape of his beloved, in very special moments.

Before dying he told his son and his grandson to come early in the morning to the cemetery: they would see there the dog. And so they did after he passed away, and what they saw were the footprints of the dog near the tomb.http://updateslive.blogspot.ca/2010_09_01_archive.html

No comments:

Post a Comment