Monday, January 23, 2012

Animals are God’s creation - Donegle Democrat

Dedicated to looking after the welfare of animals. Margaret Plunkett, Paula McGroarty and Lucy McHugh with some of their most trusted friends. 1701MVB1 Tuesday Profile.JPG Dedicated to looking after the welfare of animals. Margaret Plunkett, Paula McGroarty and Lucy McHugh with some of their most trusted friends.
By Siobhan McNamaraz
Published on Thursday 19 January 2012 10:36 
The issue of animal welfare is very much on people’s minds following the shocking story of Bobby, the donkey foal found starving and neglected in the Fanad area in December. Bobby died soon after being taken into the care of the Donegal Donkey Sanctuary.
The Donegal Democrat spoke to one very dedicated lady who along with the volunteers at Animals in Need cares for an endless stream of pets that require re-homing.
Margaret Plunkett is a native of the Rosses and her love for animals has been with her for as long as she can remember.
“I was always rescuing animals when I was a child. I grew up on a farm and when the calves had to go to the fair it broke my heart. And I used to help chickens that had been ‘put aside’ to escape, even though I would get told off.
“Back then helping animals just wasn’t done. When I would see an animal that needed help I used to wonder why it affected me so much. As I grew older I realised that what I had was a gift, a gift from God to love his creation.”...Continue reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment