Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lou Gehrig's Speech

[photo]Quotes by Lou Gehrig

"We were mighty short on infielders in those days."

"Lets face it. I'm not a headline guy. I always knew that as long as I was following Babe to the plate I could have gone up there and stood on my head. No one would have noticed the difference. When the Babe was through swinging, whether he hit one or fanned, nobody paid any attention to the next hitter. They all were talking about what the Babe had done."

"I might have had a tough break, but I have an awful lot to live for."

"I am a slave to baseball and only because I really love the game, hate to think of taking even one day away when we are playing."

"Irrespective of any other players on our club, I am the man to whom the team looks as a pacesetter. Every year I am told I am the hitter who must lead the Yankees to the pennant. That suits me fine."Lou Gehrig

No comments:

Post a Comment