Friday, December 20, 2013

‘If I lost her, I’d probably just die’: B.C. woman allowed to keep her domesticated pet deer, Bimbo


Bimbo looks out the window of the family home near Ucluelet, B.C. on Friday.
Jonathan Hayward / The Canadian Press Bimbo looks out the window of the family home near Ucluelet, B.C. on Friday.
In a deer drama worthy of the emotions stirred by Bambi, a Vancouver Island woman will be permitted to keep the domesticated doe she calls Bimbo.
Janet Schwartz, 69, was relieved Friday when told by a reporter that the Ministry of Environment has backed off a suggestion the deer be removed from her house.
“It makes me feel good,” she said of the decision. “She is my life, OK, and I’ve had her since the day she was born.”
She said the animal, named after a Gene Autry song, was orphaned in the spring about 10 years ago and has been with her ever since...Continue reading, more photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment